Saturday, August 8, 2009

What I'm reading right now


The Real Estate Challenge by William Poorvu. HBS' real estate guru runs through a series of case studies dealing with various issues in real estate. The language is dry but the cases are somewhat useful. It still might get abandoned if it doesn't pull me in soon.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I never read it in college and high school but that is probably a good thing. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have appreciated or understood it compeltely then.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. I've always been a big fan of the original Gregory House, but my reading of his stories has been anything but cronological. First time reading The Adventures...

The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. This book is on its last leg with me. Will probalby get abandoned this week. Some of the stuff is so obvious and some of it I think is downright useless. Don't bother.

Conceived in Liberty, Volume 2 by Murray N. Rothbard. Rothbard doesn't cite anything, and he has been proven to distort and mismanage source material in the past, but he is one of the few authors who is reanalyzing history in the libertarian light. Overall, I wish more economists did historical work because the analysis that you get from some historians is cringe worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment